Friday, April 10, 2009

How to Read Music - the Bass Clef

I was reading on Wikipedia and howtodothings.com the other day about reading the bass cleff

It's always interesting to see the advice that people come up with. It always seems to be just a collection of the same things repeated over and over again. For example, I read...

"The bass clef is used for the bass and baritone voices and lower instruments such as the tuba, trombone, and sousaphone. The bass clef was created because the notes for these lower instruments would be so low beneath the Treble Clef staff it would be very hard to write music that was easy for players to read. The bass clef notes can be memorized by: Lines -Good Boys Do Fine Always Spaces - All Cows Eat Grass"

I don't know about you, but I've tried the memorize lines and spaces before and it just doesn't seem work for me. My brain doesn't function that way. I am always left counting lines and spaces instead of actually reading music...

But anyways, There are a few good answers out there and I'll share what I've learned in my next post. In the mean time, do some research on wikihow and spend some time on this site if you really want to Learn how to Read the Bass Clef

No comments:

Post a Comment